Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

The next level

I’ve been very passionate about circle scarves over the last years; I’ve a huge collection of different colors and materials, and wear them all year around. Be there any signature style other than my undeniable affection to black, it’s my scarves. I love the versatility they offer as how to wear them, a heavenly creation. It’ s wintertime and I’ve been thinking about how to bring my obsession this year to the next level, I need something bigger, a gigantic blanket maybe. This was when this famous shot of Veruschka, mother of all supermodels, came to my mind. 
This is one of several grandiose pictures that resulted from a shooting in the Arizona desert and which got published in the July 1968 issue of American Vogue. Veruschka, photographer Franco Rubartelli, and the young stylist/designer Giorgio di Sant'Angelo were sent by Vogue editor Diana Vreeland into the desert to create something exceptional. So they did, they made fashion history. Armed only with pieces of fabric, fur, leather ropes, and the harsh desert landscape as scenery. Truly amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment